Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.......Mark Twain

Friday, October 24, 2008

dyeing wendsleydale and spinning at warp speed

It feels good to be in production mode. Its been a year, just as i was gearing up last year I got sideswiped by breast cancer so no felting and spinning just fighting and healing. This year as I am knee deep in fibre and yarn and silk with my brain spinning with creations I am ever so grateful to have the strength to dig in and produce. I am loving the wendsleydale roving which has such amazing luster and handle and dyes to jewel tones rivaling mohair. I spun 6 skeins of art yarn today and made some felt nubs and felted soap. I will take pictures in the light tommorow. Until Sunday the goal is to spin, make nubs and soap. Then Monday a new goal.
After taking the pluckyfluff workshop I have been so enthused, spinning myself into a state of bliss. I bought an old indian head from Irene Wiesner and on her advice attatched a sewing machine motor.....and we are hitting warp 9....I love it.....ok pics tommorow....

No comments: