Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.......Mark Twain

Thursday, February 5, 2009

the binge continues......







I dont know what it is about spinning that has always released creative energy in me....whether its the rythmic repetitive motion or just the total immersion in fibre i dont know but it frees my brain to wander through creative possibilities.



When i think back to the beginning of my spinning....on an old indian head in the art room of Argyle High School.....spinning in the grease, great chunky nobby yarn.....eltie thompson had a giant pillow on the floor loom with unwashed locks tied in every few inches, Cathy Chubb with a plasteer mask on for a wall hanging.....that was the beginning of my love for sharing creative bliss.....today I spin and wander through rembembrances of all the people who have touched my creative soul. Its good to be alive. Fibre is healing.



todays accomplishments:



92 yards of Cherry Blossom Art Yarn



mohair, merino, sparkle, angora lots of felted mohair nubs and 4 felted cherry blossoms. A hand spun thick and thin yarn....really sumptuous.



Hanging in the shower setting the twist.






$78.50



No comments: