Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.......Mark Twain

Friday, March 13, 2009

last nights art yarn




Spinning is my solace it always has been. I wonder if years ago when Mr. Allen taught me to spin in a high school art class if he knew what a gift he was giving me.....thinking of how people touch our lives, some good, some bad but each encounter leaves us richer......ok enough philosophising.

Last nights endevours are: Trudy Art Yarn , thusly named for Mrs. Atchison who is an old friends mother, she was very influential in my young life and recently a steadfast support in recovery from cancer and divorce, when she moved into an assisted living facility with her husband she gave me her scrap bag. In it was this fabric that was screaming to be spun.
And Careless Love a cornicopia of different fibres spun thick and thin and coily plied with a commercial mohair boucle.

Also as I sat pondering last night i mocked up some bird patterns....i am thinking for decorations and for brooches and just for fun.....also have pincushions in my mind.

2 comments:

Hannes hage said...

Wow,what a beautiful yarn! I wonder what you will make of this.

Diva's Niche said...

thank you....i have no idea what it will be.