Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.......Mark Twain

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Canada Day on Granville Market




Today was an action filled day at Granville Market.....Tamara, Hilary, Amanda and I represented Cap U at a booth outside Crafthouse. As with any time spent with these artistic women it was fun filled and served to reaffirm to me that negativity has no place in the creative flow.
Hilary and Amanda were phenomonal doing many interactive felting demos with the kids.....good thing too because Tamara and I were really hoping we didnt have to fill those shoes!
Tamara spun and carded and answered relentless questions on spinning wheels, ratios, fibre and the like.....
I sat out front and spun the never ending cria suri alpaca fleece that I got from Marilynn Ross last year, hopefully I will have spun it all by September and it will make its way into a weaving project....i am visualizing something with a silk warp and alpaca weft...maybe nature dyed with pomegranite....
I have never had my picture taken so many times with so many people....all in all a fun but exhausting day.
I have been cogitating a lot lately on dynamics of creative groups and am really moved by the supportive and respectful attitude of the women in this program. I am not sure if it is a result of the presentations and critiques that we do in class or why it exists but its is a very nuturing environment and I feel very lucky to be part of it....

No comments: